TAKE THESE DELICIOUS GIN AND TONIC TEABAGS WITH YOU ANYTIME ANYWHERE
DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY by Natalie Birbeck of TacosNTequila, Tooting Broadway Market, Tooting, London UK. Firstly fi nd the right company…then a beautiful set of martini glasses. This gin martini based cocktail is perfect for high tea as its main botanical ingredient is Earl Grey Tea. Stir the tea bag to make the gin and tonic ﬂavor stronger.
• Add the tonic into a glass. Add sugar and stir until ﬂ at. Leave to infuse
• Take the grapefruit and orange rind together with the juniper, star anis, and Cassia bark (Nutmeg) and put into a teabag. Tie the tea bag tightly
• Measure 50ml of gin into a cocktail shaker (small end)
• Add 25m of the tonic reduction
• Squeeze in half a lemon
• Add the tea bag to the mixture
• Shake with ice and add lemon to taste
• Double strain into a martini glass
Present with an additional tea bag and a star anise as garnish.
ClemenGold Gin’s stylish packaging renders gift wrapping obsolete and leaves you with more time to perhaps sample this handcrafted gin infused with South Africa’s favourite mandarin. ClemenGold Gin treats gin aficionados to a smooth Classic Cape Dry style gin with subtle hints of citrus. Nine botanicals – sundried ClemenGold and orange peel, cinnamon, honey, ground almond, juniper berries, angelica and orris root, and coriander – are used when distilling this handcrafted gin. Available online from R350 a bottle at www.citrusgin.co.za or www.yuppiechef.com and at selected retail outlets.